Previously PhD Student and Postdoc at Macquarie University.
- MEG and Optically-Pumped MEG methods development, with a focus on naturalistic paradigms
- Neural time-series analysis
- Brain connectivity in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autobiographical Memory
I am an advocate of open science and aim to share data and code whenever possible.
- Kessler, K., Seymour, R. A., & Rippon, G. (2016). Brain oscillations and connectivity in autism spectrum disorders (ASD): new approaches to methodology, measurement and modelling. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 71, 601-620.
- Seymour, R. A., Rippon, G., & Kessler, K. (2017). The Detection of Phase Amplitude Coupling during Sensory Processing. Frontiers in neuroscience, 11, 487.
- Seymour, R. A., Wang, H., Rippon, G., & Kessler, K. (2018). Oscillatory networks of high-level mental alignment: A perspective-taking MEG study. NeuroImage, 177, 98-107.
- Seymour, R. A., Rippon, G., Gooding-Williams, G., Schoffelen, J. M., & Kessler, K. (2019). Dysregulated Oscillatory Connectivity in the Visual System in Autism Spectrum Disorder. Brain, 2019.
- Seymour, R. A., Rippon, G., Gooding-Williams, G., Sowman, P. F., & Kessler, K. (2020). Reduced auditory steady state responses in autism spectrum disorder. Molecular autism, 11(1), 1-13.
- Seymour, R. A., Alexander, N., Mellor, S. J., O’Neill, G. C., Tierney, T. M., Barnes, G. R., & Maguire, E. A. (2021). Using OPMs to measure neural activity in standing, mobile participants. bioRxiv.
- Seymour, R. A., Hepschke, J. L., He, W. A., Etchell, A., Sowman, P. F., & Fraser, C. (2021). Cortical Oscillatory Dysrhythmias in Visual Snow Syndrome: A MEG Study. bioRxiv.
Integrating virtual reality with wearable OPM-MEG to investigate autobiographical memory encoding and retrieval
Validating methods for interference suppression in OPM-MEG data
The Neural Basis of Perspective-Taking in Neurotypical and Autistic Populations
Visual Snow - a disorder of dysrhythmia?
You can find me on Twitter @neurofractal, Instagram neurofractal and LinkedIn Robert Seymour
I am proficient in MATLAB and Python. I work with several different programs/libraries including:
- Fieldtrip Toolbox, SPM and MNE-Python for MEG data analysis
- Custom MATLAB code for Phase Amplitude Coupling (PAC)
- Psychopy for stimulus presentation
- Scientific Python (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, plotly) for behavioural data analysis and publication-quality data visualisation
- Machine Learning (user of scikit-learn and novice user of tensorflow)